Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

In The Summertime with Butterflies!

Hey! It’s summer! Be free and happy and danceful and uninhibited and now-y!


~Terri Guillemets

Good morning!
So excited ... A couple of weeks ago I was the lucky winner of Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge. As such, I was offered a Guest DT spot for Challenge #12. 

We are using a Summertime theme, colors and of course butterflies!

Here is the card I created using this adorable image from Jody Bergemo Galleries.
I colored with Prisma Color pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits. I added some glimmer to the butterflies and flowers with a pearlized top coat from Smooch but it is kinda hard to tell in this picture.


CARD SIZE: 5.5 x 5.5
SUPPLIES
Based on a sketch by Julie Blane
Image "Swing time" by Jody Bergemo Galleries
Card stock from Bazzill and Stampin Up!
DP from DCWV
Prisma Color Pencils
Odorless Mineral Spirits
Smooch Pearlized Top Coat
Ribbon from Recollections
Flower from Stash
Die "Label #4" from Spellbinders
Butterfly punch from Unknown (I bought  from Ross)
Sentiment from Studio G

Thanks for stopping by and please play along with us in this weeks Butterfly Challenge!
(Hugz) Cara

3 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Thank you for being my Guest Designer with this gorgeous card. I love the scene that you have created nestling in amongst the Butterfly and embellishments.
hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

Darnell said...

This is so adorable, Cara! It DID make me giggle! Congratulations on the GD spot on Mrs. A.'s fun challenge!

Thank you so much for coming by to visit me. I'm happy to return the flavor and I've enjoyed meeting you and becoming your newest follower! I hope you will pop back and follow me, too, if you like! Hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

Hi Cara, lovely to meet you & I'll be joining as your newest follower. Congratulations on winning the Butterfly challenge and also being a GDesigner. Well done! Your card is so pretty and your butterflies did have a very pearly glimmer on my monitor. Your pencil coloring is wonderful on this fun image. Reminds me of my childhood tree swing! Loved the bright colors of all the elements and that splashy orange flower against the purple was stunning. Looking forward to making a new friend, and thanks for your visit & sweet comment. Hugs