Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Making "Waves"

My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require. ~Edward Elgar

I love music. All kinds of music. My husband no longer shakes his head when he comes into my craft room. It's a mood thing ya know? One day it could be Rap. The next day Vivaldi. The day after Country & Western. My daughter is the same way with music and for that trait I am most pleased!

I can go days and weeks and never turn on my television. When I was single I had a small TV. In that whole time, I can remember the TV being on once and my boy friend at the time turned it on to watch a game. Otherwise it was just one more thing to dust.
But my stereo! Ah - that was a different story. When I was home, it was turned on and playing loud enough to make me happy but keep the neighbors from complaining to the landlord! 

This week Pryn is posting for me (I am actually in Japan right now visiting my daughter - love auto post, don't you?) over at the Outlawz Challenge Blog, and today is the start of a new Clean and Simple Challenge.

Pryn says that August reminds her of visiting the ocean.  The sun, the cool breeze off of the water, the relaxing waves, she loves it all!  Her challenge for us this week is to focus on waves. So - can you create a clean and simple card or project that uses the word "Wave" as inspiration? Come on get creative!

I chose to go with a Music "Wave" because I had the perfect stamp as soon as I saw her challenge!

I stamped the image onto the card stock then stamped again on scrap paper so I could cut along to curve to use as a guide for my hand lettering of Happy Birthday.

Size A2

SUPPLIES:
Card stock - Bazzill & Stampin Up!
Image "Wavy Music" - Stampendous
Sentiment, hand written by me
Flower Sequins - Stash
Pearls - The Paper Studio

Thanks for stopping by to visit!
Have a great day!
(Hugs) Cara

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Very very pretty, Cara. I really how you offset the music and words with the pretty flowers and the matte!!