Thank you for your consideration

My projects are not to be submitted and/or used in any written publication, advertisement or contest without my knowledge. I am flattered if you use one of my projects as inspiration, but please give me credit when you do and, if possible a link back to this blog. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the contact form. Thank you

I appreciate my Followers!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Alway about the Family ...

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another’s desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.
~Erma Bombeck

Good morning!
I certainly hope your day has started off wonderfully and just continues to get better as the week goes on!

Today is the start of a new color challenge at The Outlawz!
Our Sponsor this month is Through the Craft Room Door with a one year subscription to the online craft magazine. 


Our challenge is monochromatic and I used shades of blue. This actually worked out well as I'd just pulled some pictures to start a layout and not yet decided which direction I would go with color since we are all dressed in shades of blue and white...

So here is my two page 12 x 12 lay-out.
Now please keep in mind that I did not start out scrapbooking when I got into stamping and papercrafts. I started out card making, so I am still in the infant stages ...

Once I was happy with the layout, I took the 12 x 12 base sheets outside so that I could use my stencil and smooch spritz. When it was all nice and dry I was able to start adding my photos and lettering (which was attached with foam dots).


Supplies
Card stock from Bazzill, Stampin Up! & The Paper Studio
Design paper (used for the letters) from my stash
Stencil from Heidi Swap
Smooch Spritz from Colorsnap
Flowers from the paper Studio
Leaf punch from Fiskars
Tag punch from Stampin Up!
Big Scallop die from Sizzox
3-D alph stickers (for the year) from Colorbok
Donna's Alphabet dies from Spellbinders
Blue flowers from The Paper Studio
Pearl Stamin from Jo-Ann Fabric
Fern punch from Martha Stewart
Black precision pen from American Crafts



3 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful family and fabulous layouts.

Rannah Romps said...

This is great Cara! I love that you used that many pictures. I'm not a one picture person

Desire Fourie said...

Cara this is a gorgeous family scrapbook layout. Loving the vintage blues and precious photos.
This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}